By: Michelle Padayhag - @inquirerdotnet
CEBU CITY — Two earthquakes were recorded in midwest Cebu on Tuesday before dawn, according to Philippine Institute for Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs).
Based on the advisory posted on its website, Phivolcs said first tremor was recorded at 3:41 a.m. with a magnitude of 3.4 with the epicenter traced about two kilometers northwest of Asturias town, midwest Cebu
The earthquake was tectonic in origin and had a depth of 15 kilometers.
The tremor was felt at Intensity three and two in Cebu City and Lapu-Lapu City.
Two minutes later, a second earthquake occurred.
A stronger, magnitude 4.8 earthquake was recorded at 3:43 a.m with an epicenter at 4 kilometers northwest of Balamban town, which is next to Asturias.
The second quake was also tectonic in origin and had 25 kilometers in depth.
It was felt at Intensity 3 in the cities of Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu. CBB
Latest from PhilippineNews
- Two Filipinos named 'Asia 21 Young Leaders'
- CA lawmakers urged to pass SB 100 for 100% clean electricity by 2045
- McDonald’s USA to celebrate Literacy Month with popular children’s books in Happy Meals
- Drug testing of students ‘preventive, not punitive’ – Briones
- A brief message from PABA regarding the recent events in Charlottesville, Virginia