LUCENA CITY – At least 12 persons were injured in a vehicular accident along the Maharlika Highway in Calauag town in Quezon province early Wednesday, police said. Senior Supt. Rhoderick Armamento, Quezon police provincial director, said a Manila-bound Bicol Isarog bus being driven by Rufino Hernandez accidentally collided with an incoming Toyota Avanza van being driven by Eusebio Landicho in Barangay (village) Doña Aurora around 4:50 a.m. An initial investigation report said the passenger bus was negotiating a curved section of the highway when the incoming van occupied the other lane and collided with the bus. The impact caused the bus to fall and consequently turn turtle on the side of the road. Ten bus passengers and two occupants of the van sustained injuries and were brought to the Saint Peter hospital in the town center for treatment. SFM By: Delfin T. Mallari Jr. Southern Luzon
Latest from PhilippineNews
- Care Indeed Attends Professional Fiduciary Association of California (PFAC) Northern California Education Day
- Editorial: Should she or shouldn’t she?
- BI says suspect in UST hazing death has left country – reports
- Two Filipinos named 'Asia 21 Young Leaders'
- CA lawmakers urged to pass SB 100 for 100% clean electricity by 2045