A Filipino pilot has been identified as one of two people killed in a small plane crash on Monday.
Authorities released frantic 911 calls on Wednesday, two days after the fiery crash.
Both people onboard were killed, including co-pilot Jeffrey Alino, a 33-year-old Fil-Am from Union, New Jersey.
The private Learjet Alino was co-piloting was trying to land at Teterboro airport when it crashed into a parking lot less than a quarter mile away on Monday afternoon.
The crash damaged three buildings and destroyed 13 cars. No one on the ground was injured.
The second victim has yet to be identified.
The National Transportation Security Board hopes to release a preliminary report on the cause of the crash sometime next week.
For now, authorities say the strong winds at that time was a concern.
Officials say Alino had about three to four years of experience as a pilot. He is described by loved-ones as a kind man who loved to fly.
ABS-CBN North America News Bureau
Latest from PhilippineNews
- Two Filipinos named 'Asia 21 Young Leaders'
- CA lawmakers urged to pass SB 100 for 100% clean electricity by 2045
- McDonald’s USA to celebrate Literacy Month with popular children’s books in Happy Meals
- Drug testing of students ‘preventive, not punitive’ – Briones
- A brief message from PABA regarding the recent events in Charlottesville, Virginia