Washington, DC – Today, NaFFAA is proud to announce its second class of nineteen ambassadors to the 2018-2019 Empowering Pilipino Youth through Collaboration (EPYC) Program:
- Alyssa De Guzman | Philadelphia, PA
- Joan Cadete | Philadelphia, PA
- John Matthew Camara | Geneva, NY
- Austin Chavez | Richmond, VA
- Franz Sandil | Washington, DC
- Louis Medel | Washington, DC
- Ysabel Sprague | Charlottesville, VA
- Marissa Galang | Lexington, KY
- Charles Federico | Chicago, IL
- Sandy Amorado | St. Louis, MO
- Timothy Ramos | Champaign-Urbana, IL
- Keala Marie Marasigan | Seattle, WA
- Myron Joel Bañez | Seattle, WA
- Gabriel Cenizal | Concord, CA
- Jasmin Marie Morgia | Sacramento, CA
- Aubrey Mamaid |Los Angeles, CA
- Natalie Nuesca | Los Angeles, CA
- Natalie Bagaporo | San Diego, CA
- Caitlin Gatchalian | Las Vegas, NV
The EPYC Ambassadors Program aims to equip young leaders to refine their skills and learn new strategies in order to become stronger advocates and deliver more effective programs and services. Ambassadors will support NaFFAA’s efforts around leadership development, civic engagement, and advocacy, and will help scale and build programs within their campuses and communities. Ambassadors will also gain important knowledge and skills around professional development, networking, Filipino American history, coalition building, and other key areas.
Each ambassador will reach out to fellow Filipino American youth through social media and also engage them in person by speaking at events, facilitating workshops, or tabling on campus or during community events. They will also lead a capstone project focused on either leadership development, civic engagement, or advocacy.
NaFFAA National Chairman Brendan Flores said, “NaFFAA congratulates its second class of EPYC Ambassadors: nineteen young individuals committed to engaging and empowering Filipino American youth throughout the country. After a successful year with our inaugural class, EPYC proudly serves as a platform for our young Filipino Americans to be the leaders of today. I look forward to seeing what this year’s EPYC Ambassadors will accomplish on behalf of NaFFAA and for the Filipino American community as a whole.”
Since 2017, the Comcast NBCUniversal Foundation has generously supported NaFFAA’s EPYC Ambassadors Program with a $15,000 annual grant, helping to build the pipeline of Filipino American young leaders throughout the United States. The Comcast NBCUniversal Foundation was founded by Comcast Corporation in June 1999 to provide charitable support to qualified non-profit organizations. The Foundation’s primary mission is to empower communities to thrive by providing access to technology, relevant digital skills and training, and inspiring volunteerism, service and leadership. The Foundation invests in programs intended to have a positive, sustainable impact on the communities we serve. Since its inception, the Comcast NBCUniversal Foundation has donated $220 million to organizations in the communities nationwide that Comcast serves. Visit www.comcast.com/community for more information.
For more information about the EPYC Ambassadors Program, please visit naffaa.org/epyc.