No special treatment for Faeldon’s son: Albayalde

ALBAYALDE Inquirer Net

The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Monday said there will be no special treatment for the son of Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) chief Nicanor Faeldon who was arrested in a drug raid in Camarines Sur last week.

“He will be given due process and contrary to what other people are saying, there will be no special treatment. Everybody is being treated equally here,” PNP Chief, Director General Oscar Albayalde said in a press briefing.

Nicanor Faeldon Jr., was arrested together with Russel Lanuzo alias “Bubbles”, 47; Allan Valdez, 44; and Manuel Nebres, 39, during Friday’s early morning raid when police served a search warrant against Lanuzo in his house along San Miguel St., Barangay Mabolo, Naga City.

The PNP Chief said the recent operation is a proof that there is no let-up in the PNP’s compliance with President Duterte’s order to rid the country of illegal drugs.

“There will be no break on this, on the war on drugs,” Albayalde said.

While he tested negative for drug use, the local police still charged Faeldon Jr. for his presence in a drug den, and it is now up to the court to decide on the case.

“It is not on the result of the drug test which he is being charged, but he will be given due process,” Albayalde said.

Earlier, Christian Frivaldo, PDEA-Bicol acting director, said Faeldon Jr. is not yet cleared as he would still be investigated regarding his presence in the drug den allegedly being operated by Lanuzo, a suspected illegal drug pusher in Naga City.

“The mere use of a drug den and his presence in the drug den is a ground for two different issues or offense he could be charged with,” Frivaldo said.

The offense of being caught in a drug den would be bailable and he will be allowed to post bail as prescribed by the court, he added.

Frivaldo said for the offense, the court would allow Faeldon Jr. to post a PHP100,000-bail for his temporary liberty.

He said Faeldon Jr.’s case would still undergo inquest proceedings before government prosecutors and the result of the preliminary investigation would then be submitted to a local court.

For the meantime, he would remain at the PNP detention facility in Naga City, Frivaldo said. (PNA)