Quezon City, Philippines – A powerhouse delegation from the Philippine Airlines led by its President and Chief Operating Officer Jaime J Bautista made a courtesy visit to Brother Eduardo V Manalo, Executive Minister of the Iglesia Ni Cristo on the occasion of his first year anniversary as Presidential Envoy for the Overseas Filipino Workers.
The plaque of recognition, which was signed by both Bautista and PAL Chairman “El Kapitan” Lucio Tan conferred Brother Eduardo as one of the Outstanding Filipinos of the World. It was an honor bestowed to Manalo in recognition for his accomplishment as Presidential Envoy for the Overseas Filipino Workers and as the spiritual leader of the INC.
The PAL delegation was welcomed by the INC Executive Minister together with the INC Executive Council. After which they were treated to a 2-hour tour of the INC Museum and learned that INC has now global presence that reaches to 150 countries in six inhabitable continents of the world. INC also gave them a glimpse of the several infrastructures that was recently completed like the INC housing complex, the 5 story building School For Ministers and the Eagle Broadcasting Corporation. It also shows the soon to open EVM Convention Center and the newly constructed and much bigger INC Museum all located along Central Avenue in Quezon City.
“I never realized that INC is so huge. It has made its presence felt from all over the world as they continue to build church edifices in North America and Europe. They even continuously provide aid to as far as Africa” thus Bautista was quoted as saying. Former Customs Commissioner and now Senior Vice President for Corporate Planning and Commercial Group says, “Ka Eduardo is really impressive. Not to discount what was accomplished before, but INC has improved a whole lot under his leadership.” “He is a man of few words and a visionary, ” he added.
Del Merano, San Francisco / Northern California Area Manager of PAL consider the call to the INC Executive Minister as a “very big blessing for us and for the entire Philippine Airline.” “Just meeting him made this event very meaningful.”
In the meantime, as Executive Minister for the INC and as Presidential Envoy for the OFW’s Brother Eduardo has carried out both tasks effectively and efficiently. Last year when he did some Pastoral Visitations in North America to care for his flock he doubled this by inviting Philippine government representatives in the person our Philippine Ambassador to the US Honorable Jose Manuel Romualdez in Sacramento, CA; Consul General AdelioAngelito Cruz of our Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles in Oxnard, CA and Her Excellency Petronila Garcia, Philippine Ambassador to Canada in Toronto, Canada.
Early this year OFW Special Envoy Manalo made Pastoral Visitations through a special worship service in China in the city of Hongkong and Macau. He also went to Malaysia and Thailand and was participated in by thousands of OFW’s who are not INC members. Also present was the Philippine Ambassador to Thailand Honorable Mary Jo Bernardo-Aragon. The visit was aimed at providing not just an “Aid to OFWs” but more importantly uplifting the spirituality of every congregant.
Philippine Air Lines, the heart of the Filipino is extending its services to all our modern heroes and is supportive to the appointment of Brother Eduardo V Manalo as Presidential Envoy for the Overseas Filipino Workers. (For questions please email me at [email protected])
- Del Merano, Area manager of PAL SF with INC Executive Minister Brother Eduardo V Manalo
- Angelito Alvarez, PAL SVP was all smiles with Brother Eduardo V Manalo
- PAL Executive Board from left are Josen Perez De Tagle, VP for PR/Communications; Ryan Uy, VP for Sales; Jaime J Bautista, PAL President and COO; INC Executive Minister Eduardo V Manalo; Del Merano, PAL Area Manager for SF, Angelito Alvarez, PAL SVP for Corporate Planning and Commercial Group and Bernard Francis, PAL Adviser for Commercial Group
- FLIGHT CREW PR-105. From left to right Darlene Bautista Hipolito, Keith Junne Ricardo Lopez, Maria Celina Therese Baldonado, Marie FranchescaSySahagun, Magnolia Agnes Manuel Gersbach, MaileenCandelariaStreegan, AynaRizaNovorra Tan, Anna Liza QueyquepCristales, Maria Teresa Damian Buenaventura, Flight Purser Janet MirielLamela Concepcion, Emmanuelle CurayPlasabas, Philip James CastigadorPornel, Martin Nathan Sucgang Alberto, Manuel Kristoffer Co Jorge.
- FLIGHT CREW PR-104. Voltaire Camurungan, Flight Purser Pauline Chavez, FA Verna Villa, FA Heidi Villadelgado and FA Kathryn Larisma